Secondary 1 Registration 2021
Dear Students who are Posted to Victoria School,
- Congratulations on your successful admission to Victoria School (VS)!
- We welcome you to the school and are glad that you are now a member of the Victorian Community. Our vision is that every Victorian will become a Gentleman, Professional and Sportsman. In line with our emphasis on holistic values-driven education, you will have many opportunities to experience, develop, grow and excel (EDGE) in curricular and co-curricular activities.
Please click on the video below to view the Principal's message.
If you are having issues playing the video above, please visit this link.
Administrative Matters during Secondary/Year 1 Registration
Entry into the school
- Students are not required to physically report to their posted secondary school on the next working day following the release of S1 Posting Results. However, we recognise that you may still need to come to school before school re-opens.
- In view of the Covid-19 situation when the increase in visitors to school would pose additional risk to staff and students, we need to minimise the duration and number of parents/guardians that need to be in schools. Hence, if you need to come to school before school re-opens, to purchase school uniform, PE attire, textbooks and student journal, an appointment must be made using this link or QR code below.
- For the safety and security of all in school, we seek your cooperation to observe these guidelines:
- Students should be accompanied by at most one parent/guardian
- Registration is required at the school’s guard post
- Registration via SafeEntry is also required
- A mask should be put on at all times
- Safe distancing of 1m should be maintained at all times between different groups of parents/guardians and students.
Map of School Campus
- Please refer to this map for directions within the school campus:
Traffic Directions for Visitors
- Before school re-opens, visitors may park at the limited white visitor parking lots, or as instructed by the security guard/s.
- Please refer to the Map below for the traffic arrangements around the school:
Traffic Arrangements when School Re-opens
- On days with good weather, parents’ vehicles will not be allowed to enter the school campus to drop off their son. This is to ensure safety of our students who are walking into the school. Students who take their parents’ car to school should alight at the drop-off bay just before Gate 1 at Siglap Link. After being dropped off, Victorians should walk and enter the school via the pedestrian path alongside Gate 1b. Please refer to school website or facebook for latest update on traffic arrangements nearer to the school re-opening date.
- For students who take bus to school, they should enter the school via Side Gate A or Side Gate B, The additional gate next to Side Gate A will be open to ease human traffic during morning school hours (Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri - 6:30am to 7:35am; Thu - 7:30am to 8:35am). This gate will be manned by a school staff to ensure school security when it is open.
- On wet weather days, parents’ cars may enter via Gate 1b. Parents should drop their sons at the school foyer, and exit via Gate 2. Please follow the traffic directional signs and drive slowly within the school compound.
Deemed Consent for Use of Photographs or Video Images
- Photographs or video images of students may be taking during school activities and events. The school may use and publish such photographs, or video recordings in school publications, the school’s website, social media channels or other communication channels. Please email to the school (email@example.com) if you do not give consent.
Higher Mother Tongue Languages (HMTL) [Click here for more details]
- All students in Year 1 (Integrated Programme) will be offered HMTL.
- Secondary 1 (O Level Programme) students will be offered HMTL if they meet the criteria by MOE to take up HMTL. The offer letter will be emailed to you. If your decision is to accept the offer, no action is needed. If your decision is to reject the offer, please fill up the offer letter and return to your Form teacher by 6 Jan 22.
- For Secondary 1 (O Level Programme) students who do not meet the criteria, you will be offered standard MTL instead of HMTL. For students who wish to offer HMTL, please proceed to this link (https://go.gov.sg/vsappealhmtl) to submit an appeal application by 5 Jan 22. Placement tests will be conducted when school reopens for these applicants to determine their eligibility.
Art Elective Programme (AEP) and Regional Studies Programme (RSP)
- Students who wish to apply for AEP or RSP are to register their interest via this link (https://go.gov.sg/vs-aep-or-rsp) by 24 Dec 2021. As for RSP, interested students will attend an interview. The selection process for both AEP and RSP will be administered when school reopens. You will be informed on the application outcome about a week after the selection process.
- Please refer to these documents for more information on:
Foreign Languages at MOE Language Centre (MOELC)- French, German, Japanese, Arabic, Spanish
- If you have applied to study a foreign language, you will receive email notification. If you are successful, please register online (https://www.moelc.moe.edu.sg/) with MOE Language Centre from 23 Dec 2021 to 6 Jan 2022. Please note that if you do not register by the scheduled date, it will be assumed that you do not wish to accept the offer.
- Students applying for foreign language at MOELC are strongly encouraged to opt for Monday 3.30pm or later slot for their respective language classes to ensure that the timetable is able to accommodate the travelling time required to go to the MOELC.
- For Chinese Special Programme (CSP), please visit Changkat Changi Secondary School website (https://changkatchangisec.moe.edu.sg/) for details and register by the scheduled date. Those who miss to register by the scheduled date will be considered as not taking up the offer.
- For Malay Special Programme (MSP), please register online via (https://go.gov.sg/vs-msp) by 27 Dec 21.
2022 Secondary/Year 1 Orientation Programme
- To help you learn more about the school, our senior Victorians and teachers have planned an Orientation Programme for you. The key activities include:
|2022 Secondary/Year 1 Orientation
|Tue 4 – Wed 5 January 2022
|2022 Year 1 Integrated Programme Bridging Schedule||Thu 6 – Fri 7 January 2022||
|Wed 19 January 2022
|CCA Showcase||Mon 10 January 2022
|Online Parent-Teacher Meeting (PTM)||Fri 14 January 2022
|CCA – Compulsory Audition and Trial Sessions||Tue 11 and Wed 12 January 2022||
|CCA Opt-In Audition & Trial Sessions||Thu 13 – Fri 21 January 2022||
|2022 Secondary/Year 1 Camp
|Wed 2 – Fri 4 March 2022||
|2022 Secondary/Year 1 Talent Night||Fri 4 March 2022||
First day of school, 4 January 2022
- Students may check on their allocated class on the first day of school. The 2022 Secondary/Year 1 class list will be put up at the School Foyer from 7.00am onwards. Parents will not be allowed to enter the school in view of Covid-19 Safe Management Measures.
- On the first day of school, 4 January 2022 (Tuesday), please report to school by 7.20am in half uniform (VS PE shirt and school khaki shorts) and proceed directly to your classrooms. You are to bring along the following items:
- Student Medical Record Form
- Declaration of Swimming Proficiency
- Application form for Standing Order for use of Edusave Account (only for parents who have not signed up previously)
- VS school badge (for badge pinning ceremony)
Purchase of School Uniform, PE attire, Textbooks, Stationery and Student Journal
- Students are encouraged to purchase the abovementioned items via online (textbook.popular.com.sg). The estimated cost for the items is $400.
- For parents and students who still want to do their purchase physically in the school’s bookshop, an appointment must be made using this link or QR code below. Walk-in purchase without any prior appointment is not allowed.
Financial Assistance Scheme
- For students who wish to apply for financial assistance, please refer to the attached brochures (MOE / VS) and email the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 27 Dec 2021.
Victoria School Parent Support Group (VSPSG)
- The VSPSG has a strong partnership with the school and is run entirely by a group of passionate parent volunteers and funded from membership fees. The membership fee is a flat $40 (non-refundable). Parents are encouraged to join as a member via (https://go.gov.sg/vs-psg-membership) or through this application form and take part in the many activities. Parents can volunteer time and/or expertise to enrich the boys’ education at VS. Please refer to this Welcome Letter and slides for more information on VSPSG.
Application for Lockers
- If you would like to have a locker in the school, please refer to this file.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Please refer to this set of FAQs.
- If you have further queries, please contact the school @ 6291 2965 or via email (Victoria_sch@moe.edu.sg).