Hockey in Victoria School was formed in 1947, due to the untiring effort of Mr Wee Thiam Siew, who became hockey master in 1948. The first Hockey team was captained by Mr Gurnam Singh, under the watchful eyes of Mr Kulansingam, who was the first Hockey coach.
Notable Victoria School Hockey alumni include Edwin Thumboo, Santokh Singh, as well as Abdullah Hamid, William Douglas Hay and S Jeyathurai, who represented Singapore in Hockey in the 1956 Olympics.
The CCA will enable our students to:
- Cultivate a sense of appreciation, passion and love for Hockey, and sports in general, as they contribute towards a vibrant school sports culture.
- Learn the necessary skills, knowledge and attitudes that are required of a Hockey
- Acquire and develop physical strength, agility as well as mental resilience over the years, through Hockey training, competitions and Twinning Programmes with Penang Free School.
- Develop good character and exhibit model Sportsman qualities, such as Sportsmanship, Teamwork and Fair Play, which is in line with the Vision of Victoria School.
- Grow as individuals who embody the core values (P-R-I-D-E [Performance Excellence, Respect, Integrity, Discipline, Empathy]) of Victoria School.