Victoria School Brass Band was formed in 1965 with 26 instruments and 30 members from the Pre-U levels, where it first performed at the National Day Parade in 1967. It was renamed Victoria School Military Band in 1971 before acquiring its current name, Victoria School Concert Band, in 1983.
In 1974, the band presented its first concert in the ‘Musical World’ series, at the old Victoria School hall at Thyrwhitt Road. Since then, these concerts are put up to showcase their talents. In 2016, we will be performing Musical World XXVI.
The CCA will enable our students to:
- Appreciate a wide range of musical genres and the culture of music-making
- Learn how to play an instrument as an avenue for them to express themselves
- Develop aesthetic sensitivity, musicality and creativity
- Acquire knowledge in music and experience in stage performance
- Deepen understanding of self and team collaboration
- Excel as a disciplined learner and passionate musician who contributes actively to the success of the band in competitions and performances.
- Expose themselves to a gamut of leadership opportunities
- Experience a shared love for music with like-minded peers
Schedule for Main Band
Monday: 3.30 to 7.00 pm (Band Rm)
Friday: 2.30 to 6.30pm (Band Rm)
Schedule for Recruit Band
Wednesday: 3.30 to 5.30pm (Band Rm)
Friday: 2.30 to 5.30pm (Band Rm)